Job ID :
- Work closely with the LCD UK leadership team and PPI Lean Core Team to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the PPI Business System as a ‘way-of-life’ within LCP UK.
- Partner with other BU PPI Business System Specialists to manage and support cross-BU improvement activity
- Conduct training events in areas such as lean leadership, value stream mapping, kaizen blitz, waste and variation elimination, material flow, 5S, visual management, lean sourcing, lean office, built-in quality, 3P etc.
- Identify best practices within and outside the company, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing
- Challenge site leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and proliferate PPI and Lean thinking throughout the sites.
- Partner with Finance personnel to evaluate project savings estimates, validate reported PPI benefits, and ensure accurate accounting of PPI Productivity
- Facilitate Kaizen and 8 Step events to improve productivity and accelerate growth
- Participate in reporting processes as part of the LCD Business System; Champion, track, measure and report on PPI savings and PPI Business System maturity monthly
- May periodically be assigned specific projects within LCD, which align with the LCD strategic plan and company goal tree objectives
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, operations or business
- Experience working in PPI, the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS) or other recognized Lean business system
- Formal lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Proven implementation track record delivering results
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Must have a collaborative approach
- Must have excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex environment
- Strong facilitation skills
- Accomplished written, oral and presentation skills
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
- Detailed knowledge of quality theory and lean tools and methodologies
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader Characteristics: Embody the 4-I values, Delight customers, Communicate openly and honestly, Focus on growth and Champion employee development