When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Manufacturing Team Lead position reports to the area Manufacturing Supervisor. The Team Lead is responsible for the support and relief of 5 employees and is primarily responsible for respecting operation manufacturing systems with a focus on operator support and customer satisfaction and ensure compliance to production procedures and product quality specifications, escalating issues to the Supervisor when unable to resolve.
Overall responsibilities encompass many facets of our safety, quality and operational procedures eliminating production defects, maximizing production throughput, and continuously improving the overall performance of the manufacturing team.
- Re-assign operators as needed during shift to meet production demands
- Daily relief of operators including 30-minute inspections (1 full shot)
- Daily production planning to include work assignments
- Training and coaching employees – One Minute Lessons
- Assist operations with running machines
- Replenish supplies from stockroom
- Handle PPE requests - glasses, shoes
- Review and approve PTO requests (excluding beginning of year requests)
- Provide input on operator performance and behavior, including for PMDs
- Take out recycling/corrugated; end of shift
- Master Control QWI – Critical/Non-critical
- Verify Move Ticket for GMP product
- Do Count-Pack audit
- Stock cleanroom/clean environment rooms (gloves, masks, etc.)
- Do 5S audit (beginning of shift and end of shift)
- Fill in cycle time and cavitation on day-by-hour boards
- Ensure conformance to procedures, standard work, QWI's, PPE
- Do NCR rework, sorting, etc.
- Work with operators to resolve material flow interruptions
- Input scrap into SAP
- Departmental Paperwork to include but not limited to:
- Machine activity
- Lot file close out
- Shop packs from label cage
- Daily MQC charts
- Line clearance verification
- Warehouse forms
- Alert Supervisor or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
- Computer experience
- Experience with GMP/ISO procedures.
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment.
- Prior experience leading work force in lean manufacturing preferred
- Team Lead / Supervisory experience a plus
- Possess strong role model leadership skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.