An exciting opportunity exists in finance to play a key role in managing the financial success of the BioProduction Division (BPD). This Financial Analyst position will be responsible for generating custom manufactured media cost quotes for the Grand Island, New York site.
- Provide Cost Quotes/analysis for all custom manufactured material (LIQ, DPM, AGT)
- Update/modify common cost matrices used for product pricing
- Review items that can be added to matrices based on time/accuracy payback
- Work with cost accounting on issues with cost and routing hours
- Work with purchasing on updated costing to insure most up to date information is being used
- Work with product management and other groups on creation of “what if” cost scenarios for new customers
- Provide detailed cost break down (Raw Mtl., Direct Labor, Overhead) on as needed basis, analyze structure for accuracy
- Prepare booking of Intercompany invoices, other je’s on as needed basis.
- Participate in PPI projects.
- Assist in analytics for Annual Operating Plan/Cost Roll as required
- Partner with business to insure alignment between ops and division on cost structure
- Special projects as determined by manager
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting/finance or related field
- 1+ years’ related work experience required
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Strong communication/leadership skills required
- Oracle (or major ERP) and Sales force experience preferred
- Familiarity/experience with cost accounting or manufacturing analysis desired
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.