As an Industrial Placement Student within our Microbiology Division you’ll be involved in carrying out microbiological work in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidance by the Team Leader, to ensure work is carried out within schedule.
You’ll be part of a team of employees who share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Carry out microbiological practical work, including sub-culturing and preparation of media when required;
- Culture media performance testing
- Development and support to the culture media product range
- Ensure that accurate records are kept of work according to the appropriate standard;
- Must work well within a team environment but with the ability to work on own when required.
- Any others duties/projects that are within the skills and ability of the post-holder.
- Fulfilling the responsibilities of the position as defined in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Health, Safety and Environmental policies and associated Codes of Practice and actively promoting Health and Safety awareness
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Currently on an undergraduate degree course in a microbiology related discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Excel.
- Competency in basic scientific techniques
- Good organisational and communication skills
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2017.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.