An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. for a Life Sciences Sales Representative to join our field based team in Belgium.
Role is responsible for driving growth with the following product ranges within the Life Science Research market: Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Gibco, Pierce, Fermentas, Ambion, Molecular Probes and Novex. The role also includes responsibility for demoing and selling low throughput real time machines as well as end point PCR machines
In addition to driving growth in the aforementioned areas, the role also includes lead generation for product areas such as flowcytometry, synthetic biology, stem cell and microscopy. The successful candidate will be a real team player, have a proven track record of hitting plan year on year and outstanding account management skills.
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Immunoassays.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
Experience & Technical Requirements:
- Degree in Life Sciences or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience.
- Excellent technical skill and experience with mentioned technology
- Previous sales experience
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
- Native-level command of and fluent in English, additional languages like French would be an asset