When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Do you want to make a difference? Are you interested in role where you can make an impact, while continuing to grow and develop your career? If you want to be part of a driving force in advancing science and making an impact on patient’s lives we serve, then we want to hear from you. The Thermo Fisher Scientific – Transplant Diagnostics’ South San Francisco business unit (formally Linkage Bioscience) is seeking a manufacturing manager to join its operations team in South San Francisco, California.
The Manufacturing Manager, a key contributor to the overall success of the Transplant Diagnostics business, will supervise the manufacturing team in the PM shift (2:30pm -11:30 pm) and ensure that the LinkSēq products are manufactured and delivered on time, adhering to good laboratory practices and to all company policies and procedures.
- Managing the day-to-day manufacturing operations to produce and assemble our proprietary LinkSēq products within a Quality Management System (ISO 13485)
- Scheduling manufacturing projects, troubleshooting technical and non-technical issues
- Recruiting, coaching and mentoring the laboratory staff and building an effective team
- Directing the training of both new hires and current employees with moderate levels of experience
- Ensuring compliance with all quality and regulatory specifications
- Assisting the Management Team in managing projects to meet project deliverables, and implementing laboratory process enhancements
- Designing study experiments, analyzing data and summarizing project reports
- Creating and/or reviewing documents (batch records, experimental data, protocols, analytical methods and SOPs)
- Resolving process non-conformances in an effective and timely manner
- Accountable for the quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) of the manufacturing operations and ensuring GMP is maintained throughout the production process
- Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences or related field
- 7 years of industry experience
- Previous manufacturing management experience
- Ability to work the second shift: Monday to Friday from 2:30pm-11:30 pm
- Experience and knowledge of molecular diagnostic assay technology
- Hands-on experience in PCR, RT-PCR, DNA quantitation, oligonucleotide production or other molecular biology techniques
- Experience with Excel and database software
- Prior management experience is required with proven leadership and mentoring skills
- Detail-oriented, quality focused and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve difficult issues quickly and efficiently
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate within the team and across departments both verbally and via written communication
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to adapt to quick changing priorities
- Proven ability to make good judgment, sound analysis and decision making
- Master’s degree in the Life Sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience with Hamilton liquid-handling system is a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.