Engineer III, Field Service – US Molecular Services
Unity Lab Services, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. The Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Molecular Spectroscopy systems including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualification. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and qualification of Molecular Spectroscopy instrumentation (FTIR, Raman, UV-Vis, etc)
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes instrument generated chemistry and performance reports of technical issues to recommend factory modifications that eliminate future events of the same issue.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers (Chemists).
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred
- 3-5 years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with Molecular Spectroscopy instrumentation (FTIR, UV-Vis, Raman) preferred
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel on a daily basis, and up to 50% overnight
Location: The proposed territory covers the Midwestern US states of MO, KS, NE, and, IA. The preferred location is Kansas City, MO or equivalent.