Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Allentown
- Ensure execution of activities in a timely, accurate manner
- Support sourcing medical devices and other products required for use in clinical trials.
- Coordinate with the CAM supply chain managers, distribution management, and other internal customers to ensure inventory availability to support jobs and order fulfillment.
- Engage with vendors to increase compliance with our corporate payment terms
- Assist with vendor initiatives including vendor consolidation, vendor quality management and spend visibility
- Identify savings opportunities through rebates, discounts, competitive bidding, payment terms, vendor consolidation, etc
- Support and Drive process improvement to increase team capacity and improve efficiency/accuracy
- Improve internal relationships by ensuring internal customers understand sourcing policies. Help train departments on tools and services available from the sourcing team to ensure compliance
- Support strategic projects as needed
- Manage purchase orders with approved suppliers
- Ensure timely delivery of goods
- Resolve supplier issues as needed
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) in all areas of responsibility
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university, and/or at least five years of highly satisfactory experience as a Purchasing professional or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS, CPM, CPIM certification preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of strong results.
- Results oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Information Systems requirement planning experience is highly desirable.
- Analytical experience compiling and reporting spend, discounts, pricing reductions, etc.
- Project management, including the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Collaboration and team building.
- Effective demonstrated proven statistical analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication and able to effectively interact with multiple areas of Thermo Fisher Corporate Sourcing, including internal auditors, Human Resources and Senior Management.
- Effective information presentation and query response.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Basic understanding of the clinical development process and clinical trial supplies.
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements such as cGMPs.
- Effective one-on-one contact with all internal departments as well as external customers.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and work instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Monday – Friday; 8AM – 5PM and additional hours as necessary