When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
A leading developer and manufacturer of scientific instruments specializing in radiation detection is seeking for an experienced Material Handler. This individual will be responsible for the movement and storage of materials, components and finished goods.
- With minimum supervision work as a team member in a high activity environment
- Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift.
- Prepare kitting packages for assembly production and recording lot #’s.
- Performs office clerical work on a process or multiple processes, performing such tasks as keeping records, attending to correspondence or filing.
- Perform routine accurate data entry into the existing system and/or future systems
- Ensure accuracy of materials/products being shipped
- Understand/comprehend importance of linkages between shipping and inventory control
- Performs daily cycle counts and ability to investigate variances.
- Must have good teamwork qualities
- Ability to understand, and follow safety standards and procedures
- Applicants are required to have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Candidates must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Candidates must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.