When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Summary: Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on Automated Laboratory Equipment Products, Liquid Handling/Microplate Instruments, sample preparation (primarily centrifuge), and controlled environment products (incubators, ovens), and other equipment as needed by organization. Successful candidate will complete field work including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications (IQ OQ and PQ). Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented and an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The successful candidate will support the business through service contract, service upgrades, and new instrument leads.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support of customer products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and scheduling of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides rapid, courteous, and knowledgeable response to all customers inquires.
- Schedules and delivers thorough preventative maintenance service to ensure maximum uptime of customer equipment.
- Serves as customer advocate and manages escalation of unresolved customer or technical issues to Management, Service Product Specialists, and Quality.
- Provides customer product operation training and technical support to in-house repair technicians as required.
- Supports distribution channel and PSP/ASP network through training, joint visits, technical and product support as needed.
- Actively promotes and sells installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services. Provide territory cross-coverage and depot repair support as required.
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Ability to operate computers and software (Microsoft Windows, Office (Word , Excel, Outlook), Internet Explorer, instrument software.
- Four or more years of hands-on experience as a Service Engineer, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or relevant industry experience.
- Former experience with Liquid Handling/Microplate Instruments
- Former work in a laboratory preferred.
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education or experience.
- Strong electrical and mechanical background.
Services and Product Sales:
- Advises customer of new products and upgrades and passes sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Support area trade shows by providing set-up and tear-down support when required.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors’ products and new customer applications
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs. continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.