When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Risk Management Program Manager will assist the Vice President, Corporate Security with managing and coordinating security efforts across the organization. They will identify and implement security initiatives and standards and contribute to design and layout of video systems, access control, intrusion detection and life safety systems. They will evaluate company locations for appropriate system application; prepare system layouts, as built, pricing and installation instructions. This position requires research skills to evaluate new technology and its application as well as excellent communication skills. The position is based in Waltham, MA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research appropriate technology to address company risks and vulnerabilities.
- Assemble security systems design documents and coordinate as-built document development.
- Prepare cost estimates, request for proposals, and installation specifications/instructions.
- Assist with the development, integration and audit of global physical security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention and general security.
- Provide training to employees and managers on a variety of security and emergency response related plans.
- Special Projects and Support
- Post-Acquisition Facility Assessments
- Fraud Investigation
- Attend industry conferences and courses to maintain a high level of awareness and competency within the security industry.
- Required domestic and international travel.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years professional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized intrusion systems or network-based electronic security and life safety systems.
- Must be proficient, knowledgeable and experienced with security technologies and integration (CCTV, Access Control, Alarm Systems, Photo ID systems, Mass Notification and Incident Management).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Should have experience in vendor negotiation.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio or CAD Lt.
- Strong research and analytical skills to evaluate new technology and application.
- Individual must have the ability to work on projects outside of standard working hours when necessary.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP) preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience implementing physical security design protocols for a multi-national company preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.