When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our facility in Fair Lawn, NJ has a great job opening for a Full time Maintenance Mechanic (1st shift position: 7:45AM – 4:15PM).
- Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Must be able to provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Lays out, installs and maintains a variety of systems and equipment, such as powerhouse piping, high pressure seam piping, compressors, boilers, accumulators, pumps and other kinds of steam, gas, air and hydraulic equipment. Work area may be throughout the facility, including tight spaces and at heights.
- Performs Arc and/or Acetylene welding on diversified products, parts or structures, usually involving high strength or pressure requirements. Regulates current and voltage, selects electrode type and size for arc welding or selects tips and varies flame for acetylene welding. Considerable skill and judgment is required to apply proper techniques.
- Performs a wide variety of carpentry duties necessary to construct and maintain in good repair building woodwork, etc. Constructs and repairs cabinets and office furniture. Must be able to work from work instructions.
- Works independently to inspect equipment and identify mechanical deficiencies before problems are reported.
- Working knowledge of NJDEP, EPA, FDA, OSHA and ISO regulations preferred
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo, SAP preferred)
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- High school diploma or certificate from recognized trade school
- 3 years of relevant industry experience required (industrial, commercial, academic campus and medical facilities maintenance)
- Must be able to operate a Forklift, certification preferred
- Control equipment experience preferred (i.e. pneumatic valves)
- Welding and fabrication experience
- Must be able to works independently in a safe manner
- Mechanical troubleshooting aptitude and acumen
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments
- Knowledgeable in Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Available for off shift, “call in” maintenance support
- High pressure Black Seal License preferred or training in process with the ability to obtain within 90 days
- Chemical facility experience preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.