Thermo Fisher Scientific's Life Sciences Solutions Group in Carlsbad, California has an immediate opening for a Sr. Finance Manager. This opportunity exists for an ambitious professional to lead the financial consolidations of GSD Operations. The expectation of this role is that it provides finance leadership and business partnership to the Director of Finance.
- Provides financial consolidations for the operations divisional financials for weekly tracking, monthly reporting and forecasting, risk and opportunities, quarterly QBR reporting.
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and financial/strategic planning activity
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to Operations Finance Director to make sound P&L, Balance Sheet, and cash flow decisions
- Lead PPI process for function, driving continuous improvement in high visibility areas
- Develop global processes that are scalable, streamlined and effective in meeting the evolving needs of a dynamic LSG organization
- Potentially mentor and supervise one direct report, if needed
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- Typically requires 10 years of direct experience in financial analysis or 8 years with an advanced degree.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills in large matrix organizations
- Ability to influence and engage business partners, peers , direct/indirect reports; Have ability to effectively interface with senior management
- Self-reliant, problem solver and results oriented
- Experience reporting within a large, manufacturing Organization
- Experience with Hyperion/HFM
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
· MBA and / or CPA preferred
· Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Planning, CMR, SAP and E1 a plus