When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) position will develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to Thermofisher/Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division products.
- The candidate in this position will provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions with guidance from the Head of Medical Affairs as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data.
- The target audience for these discussions/collaborations will be with healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
- Provide ongoing support for clinical presentations and meetings with key physicians/pathologists/oncologists as requested by field sales force and marketing teams.
- In conjunction with the Medical Affairs team, support Sales Clinical Training Support: Work with Sales Director to support training needs to enhance the team’s clinical effectiveness.
- In conjunction with the Medical Affairs team, provide Marketing Support: Support development and review of new clinical reference tools, sales aides, slide decks, and other resources delivered by sales operations or marketing for use by field sales teams. Assist Medical and Marketing teams on setting up and supporting Ad Boards, Speaker Trainings, and External Payor Reviews as needed. Support preparation of medical review slides and materials at national sales meetings, pre-conference meetings, field sales conference calls, etc.
- Scientific Meeting Coverage: Provide medical affairs coverage of key medical/scientific congresses and cooperative group meetings as needed. Listen for and interpret new clinical data and competitive intelligence, and report back on findings to medical affairs and marketing stakeholders
- 5 years’ experience within the Health Care Industry, preferably in a Medical Science Liaison or Clinical Educator role
- Clinical Degree Required (MD, R.Ph., D.Ph., Ph.D., PharmD., RN, DPN, P.A. or equivalent) but experience and proven track record will be considered
- Strong clinical/medical background (training and/or experience) with ability to successfully communicate and teach in a complex and competitive environment;
- Experience in oncology, molecular diagnostics, or pathology is strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
Location: South San Francisco is preferred but will consider other locations.
Travel: This role requires up to 60% travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.