Primary responsibility will be to act as the HR lead for both the Laboratory Products & Equipment and Water & Laboratory Products organization. This organization are comprised of roughly 4500 employees located in three major regions which include Americas, Europe and Asia. Major responsibilities for this role include support of the Vice President and or General Managers for both organizations as well as key leaders to improve organizational capability, drive cultural change, define organizational needs, determine training, oversight of HR talent strategy and resolve employee issues. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of both teams and for each region leveraging human resources team members and capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives.
- Consult with business leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Drive the HR component of the business strategy through planning, developing, and implementing HR initiatives that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of assigned client groups.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Partner with HR leadership across the LPE &WLP organizations to drive business results.
- Ensure effective talent management processes and oversight are in place including assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
- Responsible for remaining up to date on relevant country and state employment laws and other human resources compliance issues. Update management on policies/processes as necessary. Responsible for oversight and coordination of any regulatory requirements including OSHA compliance and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Participate and/or lead Division HR projects focused on continuous improvement of core programs and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Senior level Human Resources experience from a large multi-national company with 15+ years of experience. Experience supporting a global organization is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resources or a business related field required.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies & actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and execute within a matrix environment
- Ability to build and manage cross functional/global relationships
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.