At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com .
The Director, Information Technology, directs the information technology function for the BioServices business. S/he actively contributes as a member of the BioServices Leadership Team to the development of business strategy, attainment of operational excellence, and alignment of investments in information technology. S/he provides leadership to the managers and senior technical professionals who design, develop, implement and support the technical information systems platforms used by BioServices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the information technology function for BioServices. The primary services delivered include: strategic planning, IT portfolio management, solution delivery (systems development and implementation) and services delivery (user support and IT operations).
- Utilize project management practices to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of IT solutions and services.
- Align IT operational processes globally to meet business needs and implement metrics to demonstrate compliance with agreed service levels and overall efficiency.
- Utilizes an IT Governance mechanism to ensure that business needs are understood and addressed in alignment with business priorities and allocated resource levels.
- Collaborate with Global Infrastructure Services and/or Global Applications to fully leverage Corporate shared services and to implement company standards.
- Recommend improvements in IT processes, services, and tools to the company’s Global Council on Information Technology.
- Provide leadership and direction to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems
- Utilize architecture standards to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
- Select, develop and evaluate employees to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure an appropriate mix of internal and external service delivery resources to enable a flexible cost structure for the BioServices business.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Assure budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- At least 7 years experience in IT Leadership roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt certification is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of complex IT systems.
- Experience in the practical application of software development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of LEAN/AGILE software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in leading an IT service delivery function with a track record of achieving significant year over year efficiency gains.
- Working knowledge of the ITIL service management methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in developing financial and qualitative justifications for IT investment proposals including basic budgeting/planning and ROI type analysis.
- Requires ability to work in a highly regulated environment. Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Computers Systems Validation (CSV).
- Prefers applied experience with GMP and CSV, preferably within a pharmaceutical/life sciences environment.
- Prefers familiarity with Federal Government contracting types (CPFF, GSA, etc.) and related regulator environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Ability to quickly understand and adjust to changing business needs and drive IT’s impact on its success.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. Demonstrated skill in vendor management.
- Strong understanding of IT strategy and the ability to relate it to business objectives.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle.
- Track record of on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, inclusive of conflict resolution.
- Ability to manage staff that are based in remote locations.
- Experience in enhancing organizational talent through people development.
- Ability to travel as required (10-20%).