Responsible for carrying out finished goods and raw materials testing within an ISO accredited laboratory environment. Essential functions include tissue culture testing, microbiological analysis and analytical chemistry. Successful performance of job duties contributes to meeting testing schedules, customer satisfaction, departmental safety and quality objectives.
Perform raw material and finished goods release testing according to standard operating procedures in a timely and efficient manner. Key tasks for this role include:
- Raw Material Sampling and testing
- Water sampling and testing
- Identification by FTIR
- Basic wet chemistry techniques, karl fisher analysis, HPLC, UPLC.
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Provide support to initiate and implement validation processes, technical investigations and improvement initiatives.
Contribute to the preparation of written reports as and when required.
Maintain thorough and complete product test records per in house testing procedures and in accordance with ISO 13485 standards.
Participate in personal development opportunities to further enhance skills and knowledge relevant to the position.
Requires a bachelors degree within biological and/or chemistry science
- Experience in a biotechnology or similar environment desired
- Experience working within a regulated laboratory environment
- Strong organisational skills and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to prioritise assignments
- Able to work independently as well as work within a diverse team
- Familiar with MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Has high level of contact with all departments primarily Quality Assurance and technical departments
Works in a laboratory environment. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Will be expected to perform frequent manual handling. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts where required.
*LI - KP1