When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra-low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Maintenance Technician Installs, repairs and maintains machinery, equipment, plumbing, physical structures, electrical wiring and lights in the plant operating facility according to specifications, codes, safety requirements and company procedures.
- Inspects and repairs mechanical and electrical equipment, plumbing, physical structures, electrical systems and/or lights for defects or malfunctions.
- Repairs and maintains all production items as noted according to blueprints, manuals, or building codes using hand tools, air tools, mechanical and electrical tools.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and CNC equipment.
- Basic computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Maintains checks and repairs all industrial fork trucks including propane and gasoline systems.
- Makes and repairs structures within plant such as steel shelving, wooden enclosures re-routing electrical accesses as required.
- Executes preventative maintenance programs for all plant equipment.
- Operates Tig, Mig gas or arc welding equipment and assemble fabricated metal parts.
- Operates industrial truck to move parts or equipment to other work areas.
- Maintains specified records, and logs of repairs and maintenance activities.
- Cleans immediate work area.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards
- Work on Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
- Minimum three years related experience with prior technical training in a specialized field and/or work experience in maintenance or related field is required to become proficient in this job.
- Works independently and continuously makes decisions for various quality situations in fabricating and repairing equipment. Substantial initiative and judgment are required to properly perform these job duties.
- Knowledge of general maintenance techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of shop math
- Proven troubleshooting skills in order to diagnose equipment malfunctions and determine repairs needed.
- Skilled in use of a variety of electrical and mechanical tools
- Certified to drive forklift and other powered industrial equipment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- HVAC or contractor certifications or licenses would be a plus
- Electrical Certifications or Licenses strongly preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required from accredited institution
- Standing, reaching, pulling and pushing are required. Occasionally assists in lifting heavy, awkward items or equipment. Good eye, hand and foot coordination is required. Frequently works in awkward positions observing or making adjustments to machines or equipment.
- Exposure to potential hands, eyes, arms and feet injuries. Safety procedure must be followed to prevent serious hand, eye, arm or foot injuries. Exposure to high voltage 480 primary.
- Exposed to normal plant environment with no factors present to a disagreeable extent. Periodic noise present during operation of certain machining equipment and press shop operations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.