Job ID :
United Kingdom - Loughborough
- Responsible for loading and unloading pallets with the weight distributed safely and evenly.
- To follow stipulated guidelines relating to the safe storage, segregation and handling of hazardous materials
- Effectively perform your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- The Warehouse operator must maintain a high standard of customer service and quality, ensuring all departmental standards are adhered to at all times
- Comply with highlighted requirements of ISO 9002 Quality Standards and ISO 14001 Environmental Standards.
- Responsible for checking product code, quality and quantity of goods.
- To assemble customer orders, giving attention to detail and departmental targets/productivity.
- To pick customer orders in accordance with departmental training / guidance.
- To pack customer orders in accordance with departmental training/guidance relating to the transportation of hazardous materials.
- To receive and sort parcels/pallets into mode, route and drop sequence – locating in appropriate bay or holding area in a safe manner
- To produce documentation including Transport, Shipping labels etc
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the warehouse.
- To operate and maintain warehouse equipment in accordance with relevant training.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with legislation and company procedures.
- To achieve and maintain departmental KPI metric in accordance to targets.
- Ability to readily understand written and verbal procedures and instructions in English
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous Warehouse experience in forklift / picking / packing / goods in / despatch.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others and contributes towards a team effort. Assist others to achieve departmental objectives and goals.
- Encourage others, share ideas, seek help and support when required, recognize the contribution of others and to be flexible within the team.
- Encourage a positive working environment and use initiative and contribute to area and business improvements.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Effectively use knowledge of applicable health and safety procedures
- Meet productivity, quality and safety targets and standards set by the department/company. Participate in job development and be receptive to change
- Listen actively, accept and work with all company standards and procedures, including verbal instructions from management.
- Gain and maintain skills through established training programme.
- Comply with health and safety guidelines and legislation
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders
- Basic understanding of the Lean process
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining safety and quality
- Working knowledge of IATA, IMDG, ADR regulations would be an advantage.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to readily understand English written and verbal procedures and instructions
- Physically able to work within a highly controlled warehouse environment
- Ability to safely drive Forklift (VNA and counterbalance) or willing to train