Are you looking for a role that combines science, training, troubleshooting and working with customers in various scientific domains? In addition, do these activities in a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you are, then this will be the start of your journey….
As a Field Application Scientist (FAS) you are responsible for the provision of scientific application support for real-time PCR and Imaging instruments and applications with primary responsibility for customers based in the Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark)
Thermo Fisher Scientific (previously Life Technologies) is currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist (FAS) to cover the Nordics in a temporary position. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers with a variety of scientific backgrounds. If you have a broad scientific interest and especially enjoy working with persons, this function is tailored for your professional career. Thermo Fisher Scientific provides you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development for the start or the continuation of your career.
- Provide independently in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on applied biosystemsTM, InvitrogenTM and Ion TorrentTM branded products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction.
- Support the Support & Service organization in the achievement of the regional training and service contract sales target through customer interaction and relation.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in depth troubleshooting.
- Remain up to date with product and state of the art scientific know how and work in line with our Support & Service Competencies.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Bachelor' degree in Molecular Biological Sciences, Genetics, Biochemistry or equivalent experience.
- Laboratory experience consisting but not limiting to expertise in basic techniques related to Molecular Biology products with a focus on the related instruments and applications.
- Hands-on experience on real-time PCR and/or Imaging market-leading platforms is essential.
- Interest in expanding your instrument application knowledge on different sscientific platforms.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and reports from the complete spectrum of life sciences.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the life science community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic mathematical and statistical analysis to data.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer facing experience is an asset. Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Proper Scandinavian and English language skills.
- Valid Driver’s License required. Regular international (Scandinavian) travel by plane (50-60%) is intrinsic to this role.
- Customer facing experience is an asset.
- Having worked in a high end customer focused function