Job Title: Production Planner
Requisition ID: 54354BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Primary Responsibilities: The Production Planner is responsible for the active management of assigned categories of Make To Stock and Make To Order consumable life sciences products, ensuring high levels of order fulfillment and inventory optimization, including the following elements:
Back Order Management (Make to Stock (MTS) and Make to Order (MTO
- Achieve and maintain specified MTS/MTO Back Order objectives, driving optimal order fulfillment levels.
- Take all reasonable steps to avoid back order positions on all categories under direct or indirect management, and expeditiously resolve back orders should they arise, seeking out root causes and taking ownership for driving corrective actions.
- Escalate and resolve issues where there is reason to believe that extraordinary risk, duration, or magnitude of back order position exists.
Inventory Planning and Management
- Achieve and maintain specified Inventory Optimization plans, driving optimal Inventory levels and minimizing Excess & Obsolete inventory risk.
- Safety Stock Management – actively maintain adequate safety stocks to ensure Back Order goals are met through judicious use of inventory and identify anomalies in demand or supply that require timely updating of safety stock targets to insure uninterrupted supply
Capacity Planning and Management - maintain valid Capacity plans for each category such that all key variances are identified and communicated to stakeholders for course correction or acknowledgement of departure from plan.
Data Management - make good use of all relevant tools, and take ownership for identification of – and resolution of – all data quality issues that may hinder the execution of duties within category and across sites where applicable.
Training and Professional Development - actively participate in continuous training and education to ensure skillsets grow.
- BA/BS in Business or related field with minimum 7 years of experience in supply chain or operations management.
- Minimum of 5 years previous Planning experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in ERP/MRP Planning systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- MBA and APICS Certifications highly desirable.
- Strong customer service focus to enhance satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
- Solid writing skills to develop routine reports and correspondences that are clear and concise.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level
- Strong knowledge or planning and purchasing systems.
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.