Job Title : Business Analyst
Job Location : Bangalore , India
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Technical System Analyst (TSA) position is a part of the Digital Technology Delivery Team that supports the Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific eCommerce web sites. As a member of the Development Operations team, the TSA works alongside Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Automation Experts. The TSA role is unique in that this position takes a leading role in working with the business community who has problems with the eCommerce systems and facilitates an appropriate solution. A TSA
will triage and assess reported problems and work directly with the development team to craft the necessary fix or configuration solution. A TSA will work directly with the global customer care teams to provide and translate the technical findings for reported customer problems. A TSA will facilitate the capturing of functional business requirements by gathering, analyzing and documenting the requirements in a way that can be understood by a diverse audience (technical and nontechnical alike).
This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Middleware and ERPs.
Job Functions :
- Incident Management Triage and Resolution: Engage our regional business partners through the global ticketing system by reviewing and providing the initial analysis for new production incidents related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites.
- Issue Analysis and Documentation: Provide actionable documentation in each work item that the Development Operations technical team works on during regularly scheduled production releases. Break down roadblocks when technical clarification is needed in the areas of business process and development implementation.
- Technical Liaison with Regional Business Teams: Facilitate review and priority sessions with regional teams in order to gain continuous feedback.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge to understand how the eCommerce system is connected with the Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Middleware and ERP systems.
- Directly support the developers when additional information is required with release related activities (Jira).
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 4 years of related business experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with internal customers in a nontechnical manner.
- Experience directly interacting with business support teams and/or direct customer support.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team in a matrix reporting environment.
- Must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Be performance driven and perform well with minimal supervision.
- Be a quick learner and be open to working on new technologies if needed.
- Prior work experience in one of WebSphere Commerce, Commergent or Hybris would be strong plus.
- Experience in Agile delivery methodology.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA, and Confluence would be nice to have.
- Be flexible to work with some overlapping work overs onshore counterparts if needed and attend onshore calls
- Experience working with Java, Spring, Web Services and AWS would be nice to have.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.