Job Title: Senior Technician Manufacturing Support
Target Bonus: 4%
Location: Madison, WI
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All the duties and responsibilities of a Sr. Test Technician.
- Excellent understanding of a variety of products, and the technology used with in these products.
- Responsible for developing documentation for new products.
- Assume lead role in the testing and calibration of new products.
- Act as technical resource for employees, managers and engineers.
- Ability to answer technical questions regarding products for both internal and external customers.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Approve quality and acceptability of products/subassemblies, which have been produced.
- Reject defective material to supplier, or scrap without supervisory approval if less than $500.00.
- Recommend assemblies for scrap with supervisor approval if greater than $500.00
- Authorize the shipment of customer orders if allowed by training matrix.
Specific Scope Data
- Describe SMART criteria such as revenue targets, departmental budgets, supervisory span
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Two year technical associated degree
- Minimum of 6 years as a Senior Test Technician within company (educational background in a related technical field may be substituted as part of the work experience requirement).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Consistently have met or exceeded all performance factors set for a Sr. Test Technician.
- Proven ability to provide training and leadership to employees.
- Ability and willingness to assist in the innovation of new products.
- Ability to understand company benchmarks and offer suggestions to improve as needed.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
(1) Physical Activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, crawling and reading.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: Medium Work. May require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Inspection and close assembly
(4) Environmental Conditions: Activities occur inside, hazards and atmospheric conditions, required to wear respirator at times when conditions warrant.
Interaction with Other Employees
- Interacts with Management, Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering for problem solving assistance as well as most other manufacturing functions (i.e. Shipping, Stockrooms, Production, Test, Product Structure and materials Quality).