Job ID :
US - Puerto Rico - Juncos
- Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means including: staff meetings, exceeding service levels, monitoring of the site performance, productivity, and attendance records. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations in a timely manner. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department regularly.
- Collaborates with Program Manager and/or Site Manager to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Conducts site audits and annual physical inventory.
- Evaluates employees’ training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports.
- Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Chemical Management:
- Receive, register and track all chemical containers throughout the facility.
- Perform routine audits of chemical inventory database.
- Provide chemical inventory reports upon request.
- Distribute chemicals throughout facility and upon request.
- Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers.
- Glassware Washing:
- Daily pickup of dirty glassware from labs, wash and sterilize and redistribute to satellite storage areas.
- Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass.
- Maintain glass wash schedules and is flexible to handle emergencies.
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement.
- Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer.
- Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
- Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations.
- Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, or in a related field, or equivalent combination of two year degree and experience.
- At least three to five years of experience in a supervisory role required.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred.
- Overall understanding of service management, customer satisfaction.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with hours.