The Graduate Accountant will support the Operations Finance Manager for the Microbiology Division (MBD) manufacturing sites in Dartford and East Grinstead, with a strong bias towards business partnering with the operational team.
The job-holder will work closely with the management teams at both sites. This will involve exposure to multiple operational and manufacturing issues within the business that will prepare the job-holder for future career development within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The role will be based at the Dartford facility but regular travel to the East Grinstead site will be required. Occasional travel to other MBD sites may also be required.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly MBD financial and operational reporting & bridge commentary
- Provide operations accounting, product costing, cost centre review & inventory control
- Support the delivery of material cost and overhead cost analysis
- Analyse monthly and quarterly performance, with particular focus on KPIs and variance analysis against Plan, Prior Quarter & Prior Year
- Assist in the preparation of annual site budgets (AOP) and periodic forecasts
- Contribute to financial models for capital investment appraisals and support business case proposals
- Continuous Kaizen focus looking for efficiency improvements in the finance function
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Studying towards professional qualifications/ Graduate level
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders and liaise between both finance and non-finance individuals
- Experience in a fast paced working environment
- Part qualified (e.g. CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career. (Study Support Package provided).
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com