When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Field Service Engineer - S. CA will install, repair and service chemistry analyzers and instrumentation to ensure continuous operation. Ensure customer needs and expectations are met and exceeded while promoting a positive image of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of clinical and discrete chemistry analyzers according to company SOP.
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Negotiate scheduling and technical problem resolutions with customers and partners.
- Conduct training on the safe operations and maintenance of the analyzers.
- Maximize analyzer uptime and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Collaborate with Sr. Engineer or Field Service Supervisor to analyze, review and inspect findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Collaborate with Sr. Engineer or Field Service Supervisor in problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer; previous experience servicing clinical chemistry analyzers a plus
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Proven ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must have ability to work independently and have good organizational, communication and time management skills
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 80% within the territory or other areas as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or related field preferred
- Certified service experience on four or more leading industry analyzer products preferred
- Hands-on experience with analyzer systems
- Strong knowledge of discrete analyzer techniques strongly desired
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.