When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Human Resources Business Partner plays a key role in managing and supporting the Franklin, MA Thermo Fisher location. This role has oversight for various HR programs, processes and projects across their assigned employee groups. Proactively and independently, the Human Resources Business Partner will support the HR Director in the following areas:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to assigned business units and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Conduct Employee/Labor Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
- Promote use of internal HRIS system and our COE Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
- Handle escalations from our COE Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate (US only). Provides feedback to HR Business Partner and /or Director of Field HR in developing and implementing solutions as necessary
- Team with broader Generalist Field team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change, as appropriate.
- Drive recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Recruiting. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
- Conduct Compensation analysis working with necessary corporate partners in regards to local compensation needs or analysis. As well as manage the annual performance, salary reviews, and variable pay programs.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and conduct local on-boarding for new hires or transfers
- May participate in Employee Activities Committee and promote positive employee relations utilizing Employee Involvement Survey data.
- Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience in a Generalist/HR Business partner role
- Experience as a Senior Human Resources Generalist with a large, multi-national company strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Experience with HRIS preferred
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and ethical behavior
- Experience leading change management efforts in an Operations setting
- Working knowledge of salary survey data and analysis
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active and able to take the lead on tasks with minimal direction
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.