When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Engineer II - Systems
We are seeking strong candidates to support internal hardware within the Ion Torrent organization. This will involve working within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists and other scientists to support the R&D and product development efforts in RUO and IVD environments. This individual will be part of a larger team tasked with overall hardware support and maintenance at each of the Ion Torrent sites.
• Maintaining Ion Torrent instrumentation by performing preventative maintenance according to established protocols
• Debugging, troubleshooting and repairing faulty instrumentation within the Ion Torrent organization
• Develop support and training material for the broader Life Tech support organization and Field Service teams including Preventative Maintenance plans for each instrument
• Travel to key/strategic sites to assist with install or instrument failures
• Track and quantitate failures and failure modes on internal instruments, including pulling necessary information from rest of the R&D team
• Work closely with the Ion Torrent Global Support Team to analyze and debug field hardware issues
Position requirements and skills:
• B.S. Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field with 1+ years experience in system engineering, hardware development or field service engineering. Any equivalent work-related experience will also be considered.
• In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team
• Committed and enthusiastic about Life Technologies next gen sequencing programs
• Resourceful and flexible
• Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused
• Straightforward, self-motivated, and trustworthy
• Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities
• An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device industries
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.