Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- the installation of a Thalos atb the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
We have multiple manufacturing locations. In our Manufacturing team in Eindhoven work approx 100 employees. The teams directly report to the Group leader/Supervisor Manufacturing within our operations department. The mission for the manufacturing team is to deliver systems on time with the defined product quality to different Customers. This is done by following the applicable work instructions and procedures and defined escalation processes. This work is done in our high end cleanrooms. We work on continually improving our performance by actively seeking feedback from our internal and external customers and by open en direct feedback to our suppliers.
The Challenge + Position
In this role you will act as a tool-owner and make sure that a customer-order specific transmission electron microscope is aligned and build according to the customer requirements. You will be responsible for all levels of integration of modules on tool level for our transmission electron microscope platform. You will have the first level of responsibility to solve any problems on module or system level and will involve other stakeholders, like operations engineering or R&D. We're open for candidates with experience in similar roles and fresh graduates that want to make a first career step. You need to be driven by technical challenges and like to work in a cleanroom environment. Our TEM microscopes take 9-12 months to build align and test before they can be shipped out of our factory.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Integration of modules and testing of complete microscope
- Performs activities based on procedures.
- Tests parts of systems, or systems with typical test times
- Delivery on time of modules or microscopes with the right quality
- Working on improvements of products and related processes
- Independent tracing, analyses to solve problems
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Middle technical education(MBO)with at least 2 years of working experience or a bachelor degree(HBO) graduate in any technical domain, preferably mechanics, mechatronics, systems & control, electronics or applied physics.
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electronical engineering
- Able to do analyses and interpretations of physics, mechanics and software technical data
- Preferably experience with and control of a high tech system, or shown interest via education and hobbies in technical challenges.
- Good communicating skills (in writing and verbal) both in Dutch and English
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Systematic Problem Solving ( product documentation, flowcharts, drawings )
- Can take initiative, is flexible and wants to take ownership
- Self sufficient
- Flexibility towards changes, with a positive work attitude
- Driven by hands on work.
we offer a direct contract at Thermo Fisher Scientific, with a good market conform salary and great secondary benefits. We will train you in 2 years to be a tool -owner and learn all aspects of our transmission electron microscopes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally-protected status.