Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Conduct himself in a professional manner, customer-oriented and teamwork. Work very close to customer to ensure a high level of service to the client and the project management.
2) In charge to coordinate the transition from a quote to a project. Take control of the order entry process for new projects to clarify both scope and terms&conditions. Fully check information (corporate and policy sales, review information for manufacturing, etc.) to identify critical tasks or potential problems during project managing. Clean orders implementation process.
3) Initiate corrective actions with the sales team to ensure compliance with delivery times. List all internal departments to work in an atmosphere of cooperation (credit, reports of sales, plants, etc.)
4) Set clear expectations with customers once the contract has been closed by documenting major deliverables of the project schedule: date for delivery drawings and date of returning drawings by customer, shipping information, operating manuals and/or maintenance manuals following the next steps:
Understand customer specification and the capabilities of manufacturing sites in order to establish agreements between the plant and the customer
Manage all aspects of relationships of the projects to ensure a favorable result to all parties and continuous relationship with end users, industries, distributors and OEM's.
5) Assume full management of the project, including:
Developing plans and manage customer specifications
Determining the value of the engineering options
Change orders management
Corrective actions (eg returns, invoices, etc.)
Verify that materials listed accomplish with the specification of the customer.
Communicate and resolve the differences with the M&M sales team, plants and/or customers
Coordinate communication between both parties (customer and Thermo Fisher) to ensure that technical problems are resolved during the designing and manufacturing process
6) Develop a full and clear record of the order including:
Segmentation of prices and product lines by BU
Coordination of drawings schedule
Documenting information in SAP (MOMs, order acknowledgement, drawings, etc.) Documenting special instructions (invoicing, INCOTERM, packaging, etc.)
7) Develop and implement plans and schedules of events (milestone) including:
Submittal for delivery of drawings (format and review them)
Management changes requested by customers
Financial documents (bonds, invoices, etc.)
Commercial or technical approvals
Submittal of drawings for approval (when required) to ensure the integrity of the commitments established in the contract or purchase order
8) Manage and channel affairs after shipped products:
Start up and commissioning
Damages during freight or commissioning
9) Coordinating all project review meetings with clients, including:
Witness testing at manufacturing sites (when required)
Customer visits to manufacturing sites and/or offices
Meetings with customers on site
10) Resolve customer problems through corrective actions related to deliveries, transport, returns, repairs, and billings programs and earrings.
11) New Product Development:
Provide input for new product development
Maintain the financial integrity of the orders through the reconciliation of customer prices, tools and financial reporting and communication with customers finance and credit services. Investigate and track complaints from customers (deductions), modifications to clients to original scope agreed in your original purchase order and coordinate reconciliation with internal departments. Keep on track the on time delivery of projects to accomplish with the financial targets (revenue).
- Preferably a person with Engineering background: Metallurgical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineer
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- +5 years of experience in sales support and/or project management positions
Position Specific Criteria:
- Experience in negotiation (change orders, delivery terms, etc.)
- Experience in managing engineering orders
- Capable of keep technical discussion with customer or TFS sites in Spanish / English
- Strong communications, team-building, and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations during a project execution
- Experience on profit management during a project execution
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated sales leadership based on intellectual and personal integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to close change order s, coordinate and meet with customers on site, coordinate the approval drawing process and interact with supply chain to provide and get critical information for our customers.
- Must be a person that would like to join a new challenge in manage engineering order with a complete new approach / way of working with our Distributors / Channels in LATAM. This is a big challenge which demands someone with a specific personality:
- Discipline on managing time
- Persistent and resilient
- High energetic person, passionate about serving customers and retain customers
- Self motivated and strong self belief
- We also need someone with:
- Highly effective oral, and written presentations and communication
- Negotiation and influencing skills, with proven ability to successfully interact with existing customers
- Ability to manage and organize national travel
- Strong time management skills with an ability to achieve deadlines (eg On time deliver %).
- Proficient user of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD and Excel
- Desired location with in Mexico with preference in Mexico City region
- Willingness to travel occasionally within Mexico