When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the limited supervision of the Manager – Automation Engineering (with dotted line reporting to manufacturing shift supervisors), this position is responsible for the set-up, front-line maintenance, electrical & mechanical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, & productivity improvement of post-molding equipment. This includes a variety of automated and semi-automated material handling, assembly, decorating and packaging systems. This person provides electro-mechanical troubleshooting support for automation associates.
- Set up and perform changeovers on post-molding equipment.
- Develop / Update, Publish, and Follow: Changeover Procedures, Check Sheets, and Diagnostic Guides, to obtain repeatable equipment performance. Work with peers to develop consistent procedures across shifts.
- Troubleshoot complex automation systems using sound methodical reasoning and root cause analysis. Must be able to clearly communicate results of these analyses both verbally and in writing.
- Provide front line maintenance response for equipment R/M conditions & support engineering on other site issues.
- Able to safely & accurately troubleshoot a variety of power and control circuits from 480VAC to 24VDC. Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Able to safely perform basic electrical repairs and component replacements (“plug and play” components such as sensors, relays, solenoid valves, etc.).
- Provide & test potential solutions for resolving customer complaints, scrap reduction, & other productivity improvements.
- Monitor scrap, machine efficiency & machine utilization to track productivity improvements.
- Support and participate in efforts to drive continuous improvement process (CIP) and work toward achieving department goals. Uses Practical Process Improvement (PPI) tools and Lean techniques for improvements.
- Maintain monitored records / Set-up Sheets, Gemba Boards, Interference Logs, SAP Work Order Corrective Action & other Equipment Performance Data.
- Clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, accurate technical information to employees at all levels. (Ex. Work Orders, Production Reporting Boards, Gemba Boards/Meetings, other…)
- Follows standard work & GMP / FDA procedures.
- Participates actively in 5S, TPM, PPI, & other Lean activities.
- Provides leadership & next level of support to the Automation Associate.
- HS Diploma or GED & Technical Certificate Required; Technical AS Degree Preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience troubleshooting automated equipment and systems (Mechanical, Electrical and Pneumatic)
- Trained in the NFPA 70E – Electrical Safety.
- Computer experience with SAP / Excel / Word / Outlook
- ISO / GMP experience.
- Experience working in fast paced, self-directed, environment and ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.