Job ID :
US - Indiana - Indianapolis
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems and may help identify solutions. Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes basic systems or performs the functions stated below:
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ handheld devices that include:
- Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS) barcode scanner input device.
- PacTrac Package tracking device
- CISPRO Chemical management device
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hours will be 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM