The Company, pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable ustomers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Introduction, the World needs answers
If you want to help accelerate discoveries that change our world for the better, look no further. We are looking for motivated and inspired professionals with experience to strengthen our R&D software organization. We are devoted to bringing leading technologies to different markets with high quality products and services. The markets we service are Science (Life Sciences & Materials Science) and Industry (Oil & Gas and Semiconductor)
Check out these video’s
- corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- life sciences business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Blog SW Technical lead Eindhoven http://www.talentbox.nl/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
- Blog SW engineer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
The Application Software Group (ASG)
A part of the R&D organization is the application software group (ASG), which is committed to bringing value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The application software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US), Brno (Czech). The ASG organization in Eindhoven consists of around 35 software engineers and focusses on application software on top of high-end TEM electron microscopes.
As a Software Quality Engineer Lead in R&D you are responsible for setting up and tracking test plans and executing essential parts of the testing as part of Application Software projects, including Quality Assurance activities (review specifications on quality aspects, moderate risk assessments).Most of the tests are executed on TEM microscopes; system knowledge is fundamental (alignments needed, system configuration aspects, primary trouble shooting) as well as understanding application/marketing demands (including e.g. customer use cases), and the ability to translate all this to test plans.
Organizing and driving the testing while keeping an objective overview on product weaknesses and propose (pro-active) design/ process improvements and (at the end of the project) writing release recommendations, are part of this position. The Software Quality Engineer Lead also initiates improvements to safeguard product quality in future products, and is experienced in using software technology for his/her tasks (develop automatic tests, use test coverage analysis tools, etc). We offer a challenging technical environment in the fast growing nano technology world in high end life science and material science, demanding not only ultimate image resolution but a complete solution for our customers, with an essential role for application software.
Product Quality Assurance and Testing is a growing competence within FEI, offering opportunities for taking a share in competence development in our R&D department.
Specific responsibilities are:
· Strong leadership, communication and management skills.
· Review requirements and assess risks.
· Write test plans including planning estimations.
· Review integration testing and feature delivery.
· Write test specs, implement automatic test scripts, and review test specs of colleagues.
· Execute testing and write test reporting.
· Report test progress and provide an independent and substantiated release advice.
· Clear ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software applications.
· Chase problem solving by developers.
· Initiate and support product quality improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Technical Masters or Bachelors degree (e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, experimental Physics).
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with testing of low volume complex multidisciplinary (hw/sw) systems.
· Preferred is experience in TEM microscopy.
· Experience with quality improvement (processes and products).
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
· Strong communication skills
· Good structured way of working
· Eagerness/drive to get results (also from others) within project timelines.
· Combination of organization and technical skills.