When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To provide shipping, receiving, storage and order fulfillment services for finished goods, inventory, materials, supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility(s).
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Receive materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis. Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel. That interaction requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance. The incumbent normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments. Equipment training will be provided through one-on-one instruction, on-the-job training (OJT), Thermo Fisher Scientific generated Standard Training Protocol (STP) and/or other training documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 0-2 years related experience
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Ability to operate powered industrial trucks and with the ability to operate the equipment at various heights
- Basic computer skills to navigate ERP systems, Outlook and shipping software in order to support the operation in its daily functions
- Experience in logistics with a life science company
Works in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). Performs work of a highly repetitive nature. Will walk, stand, reach, and lift up to 25lbs on a continuous basis. Will routinely push and pull up to 25lbs and regularly climb. May occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 50lbs. May handle “packaged” hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change). Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The nature of the operation’s working environment is conducive to varying degrees of stress throughout the day. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Thermo Fisher Scientific provides reasonable accommodations to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs. The Company will not provide an accommodation that would create an undue hardship on the Company or endanger the health or safety of the employee or others.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.