Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the preparation and delivery of business plans in conjunction with the sales, finance and other functions and work with stakeholders to ensure that staffing and resource plans are appropriate to deliver agreed output.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to drive rationalization of the product portfolio where appropriate.
- Proactively assist in the cultural shift to PPI Lean Enterprise. Visibly and actively support all aspects of this vital Thermo Fisher Scientific and site initiative. Ensure PPI (Practical Process Improvement) and PPI Lean is embraced at the site and enables measurable improvements in both manufacturing and support processes.
- Monitor ongoing business performance against budgets/forecasts and lead in-depth monthly and quarterly performance reviews. Explore and report on reasons for variances, advising functional management on any actions required.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Assure that systems, processes and activities meet applicable quality and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, publish, and deploy a site level strategy that is cascaded from the Division-level Operations and business strategies.
- Build rapport with the workforce to ensure productivity, uninterrupted workflow and high morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that support high employee engagement and effective collaboration with peer-level functions.
- Effectively recommend and manage capital investments to meet both productivity and customer demands.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards (i.e., SOP’s and Standard Work).
- Drive operational efficiencies and product quality to improve CAS (Customer Allegiance Score).
- Build relationships with customers, strategic partners, and cross-functional leaders within the Division, Group and Corporate environments.
- Develop, deploy and maintain system of KPI leadership including regular reporting through the Dploy tool.
- Execute assigned responsibilities with regard to legal entity requirements.
- Minimum 10 years business experience showing clear progression, the ability to be part of a cross functional leadership team and success in various business situations.
- Minimum 5 years leading operations with a mid-sized (100+ manufacturing/operations employees) manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in healthcare manufacturing or similar regulated environment with a strong quality culture using quality data to deliver performance enhancements.
- An established track record of achieving strong internal and external customer satisfaction levels supported by a metric driven continuous improvement focus in the areas of quality and on time delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to balance both the tactical and strategic needs within the business.
- Process improvement knowledge and experience of implementing and driving a continuous improvement culture.
- Proven ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, build relationships, be seen as a role model leader by others, and influence in a matrix organization.
- Experience of managing different departments, functions, or large teams.
- Proven leadership experience, ideally in a complex environment and in delivering cultural change.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, engineering or technical field preferred
- MBA or equivalent executive business education preferred