North American Regional Market Development Manager, BioScience
The Regional Market Development Manager (RMD) for BioScience is a member of the North American Market Development team responsible for implementation of the Go-to-Market strategy and demand generation for the North American Region BioScience market. S/he will lead the development and execution of channel optimization marketing plans to support the consumables sales force that sells the BioSciences portfolio in a dynamic market environment.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader and will coordinate closely with the BioScience Global Market Development team and partners at various levels in the company to develop and execute marketing plans and positioning. Additionally, s/he will partner with Business Units, Sales, Corporate Marketing, and Executive Management to execute integrated marketing programs designed to help achieve North American sales, marketing, and revenue goals. S/he acts as project lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs leading to revenue, improved customer intimacy, and growth in a dynamic environment. Channel responsibility includes but not limited to digital marketing, sales force, and (where applicable) distributors. Scope is mapped to the North American region to include Canada and the United States. The successful candidate will have experience in marketing, sales, and have exceptional communication and execution skills paired with exceptional organizational skills and business acumen to achieve goals on time.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Gathers feedback from customers, global and other regional counterparts, and field sales to identify new market trends and opportunities. Uses this information to provide input to broader business/market development strategy to drive a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Achieves financial and market goals for designated portfolio. Performs detail analysis & routine reporting around business performance and segmentation.
- Lead cross-functional teams as an individual contributor to develop tactical action plans that drive growth in key channels and customer segments.
- Drive lead generation programs that result in sales and long term customer satisfaction.
- Develop messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand directly to customers through ~10 different channels, including sales force, digital marketing, and trade shows.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
Required: Bachelor’s degree in molecular and/or cell biology or related discipline with >3 years experience in a marketing role
Preferred: Masters/PhD in a life science area and/or MBA in marketing or business
Required: Has thorough functional understanding of the corporate market functions, planning and strategy, and in depth knowledge of life science research markets with knowledge of competitors.
Required: Ability to work on problems of routine to diverse scope. Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Identifies problems, answers questions, gain cooperation of others and implement efficient solutions.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role in working through various levels of operating mechanisms to include internal and external partners to achieve goals of the company, customer, and colleagues.
- Ability to lead and provide functional area guidance and expertise to the broader team.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of metrics, successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team.
- Must be willing to learn and take coaching from peers and supervisors/superiors, both in success and failure.
- Must have a can-do attitude, as well as the ability to overcome failures to produce success with a “never give up” approach.
- Field travel as necessary (up to 35% travel throughout North America)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
Nature and Scope:
The optimal candidate is a peer group leader with strong leadership qualities, is willing to take on increased responsibilities, sometimes outside the scope of the job, has strong organizational and prioritization skills, and can excel under conditions of ambiguity. This candidate must have the capacity to manage and execute marketing plans with strong analytical and business planning skills, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to many diverse customer audiences from peers to executives, strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types, both internal and external, the ability to function effectively in a high performance team, and exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment. Candidates must also demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed and continue to excel. This is a high visibility position as an individual contributor, and successful candidate should be able to scale to the goals of tactical marketing for a large business and be productive and additive to the vision of the leaders of the North American Commercial Operations and the BioScience business within 120 days.