- Directs, organizes, and leads BI workstream projects in the implementation and use of internal BI software tools and systems.
- Works on highly complex, cross-functional, and enterprise Finance and business intelligence solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise for key BI core functions.
Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
Develops work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet timeframes.
Participates in project management estimation process.
Conducts analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of process changes.
- Evaluates internal customers’ needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the local BI systems.
- Advises executives on how BI (processes, practices, and technologies) play a critical role in improving business management and optimization.
- Explores the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
- Designs Institute-wide "views" and custom reports.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Develops best practices for report deployments.
- Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Coaches less-experienced individuals.