Meet or exceed business objectives.
- Implement business plan to meet sales and introduce new products.
- Retain and grow current business and accounts.
- Provide accurate forecasts, pipeline management and sales tracking through CRM and sales support tools.
- Coach team members to meet sales objectives.
- Oversee contracts, proposals and quotes. Approve competitive pricing as needed. Grow the business and increase margin with guidance from senior sales managers.
People Development and Engagement
- Attract, develop and retain sales reps.
- Build teams, inspire others and resolve conflicts.
- Drive accountability to results throughout team.
- Openly communicate, develop the team and manage performance.
Maintain Solid Customer Relationships
- Communicate with diverse customers and influencers to gain commitment and obtain resources.
- Ensure needs are understood by team and appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to customers.
Apply Technical Comprehension
Develop and maintain knowledge of products, markets, industry trends and buying practices.
Use product and application knowledge to understand customer needs in order to competitively position our products and/or workflow solutions.
Bachelor’s degree required. Chemistry, biology or relevant science degree strongly preferred. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 5-7 years sales leadership experience
- Demonstrated capability to develop sales strategy and translate strategy into a tactical plan that achieves and drives top line growth with experience in a business.
- Proven sales experience in a complex field. Scientific experience required
- Proven ability to operate in a complex matrix organization
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent problem solving skills highly effective at building relationships and using influence
- Superior communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- A reputation for executing for results
- A deep understanding of how to fanatically serve the customer