When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as all-around assistant and gatekeeper to the VPGM and the Leadership team.
- Manage all types of daily correspondence to ensure professional, accurate and timely response and appropriate prioritization; direct information to the correct point of contact and correspond internally and externally.
- Global and domestic travel planning, logistics including scheduling flights, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, visa processing, etc.; anticipate, identify, analyze and solve issues/timing conflicts independently and discretely, and prepare detailed itineraries and ensure accuracy and timely delivery of travel documents to travelers.
- Execute additional administrative tasks including procurement of office supplies, set-up and installation of new technology including phones, faxes, computers, etc. for multiple leaders.
- Additional research & special projects as needed including event creation & production, gifting, etc.
- Coordinate meetings involving all stages of planning including logistics, vendors and materials (in person, video conference or conference calls), and various other events for multiple leaders and global teams across multiple time zones.
- Prepare, reconcile and track expense reporting and reimbursement for multiple leaders.
- Create and develop highly professional visual documents and presentations for multiple leaders.
- Organize and safeguard all highly confidential company files and information.
- Assist with overflow, assistant back-up coverage and day-to-day tasks and provide support to visiting senior business leaders and other C-suite leaders, as needed.
- Effective initiation, re-prioritization, and changing direction in response to unpredictable situations.
- Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data and prepares reports/ recommendations.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside organizations
- Effectively collaborate with and support others beyond the VP/GM and Leadership team as needed.
- Acts as Records manager for Fisher BioServices; responsible for implementing, managing, and ensuring compliance with the corporate Records Management Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs of the leadership team.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.