As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Driven by our goal oriented team of lab experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
The Proficiency Testing Coordinator is responsible for the configuration and distribution of the proficiency testing (PT) specimens for PT programs and providers. This role works closely with external PT suppliers and internal departments such as planning, customer service, inventory management and distribution. Proficiency Testing specimens are configured according to PT suppliers specifications and then manufactured and assembled for distribution. Proper documentation and labeling are required for lot traceability and warehouse management.
- Monitor PT testing subscription levels received from PT providers (i.e. CAP) and schedules PT samples in a timely manner.
- Receive PT specifications from PT providers and prepare production paperwork for planning to procure raw materials (organisms, diluents) required for production lots
- Prepare survey worksheets
- Prepare the necessary paperwork for the production and testing of pilots, specimen components and specimens
- Provide all product information for completion of Certificate of Analysis
- Partner with PT Assembly Lead to map annual plan for PT mailings, once schedule is received from PT customer(s)
- Work with Customer Service for order fulfillment and billing
- Utilize SAP to record and manage and edit all PT item master data
- Oversee relabeling of end product if applicable
- Perform in the capacity of Technical Service Representative, dependent upon business needs
- Occasional travel for onsite customer visits
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree related to life sciences, preferred Microbiology or Medical Technology. Project management experience a plus
- Ability to manage several projects at once and meet expected deadlines
- Understand GDP and GMP for medical device manufacturing
- Exhibit exceptional communication (oral/written) and excels in complex problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to address gaps in processes and develop effective improvements
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Proficiency to input and retrieve information from SAP
- Experience with Proficiency Testing as a subscriber and/or end user
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.