Position Summary: This is a key commercial role supporting the $500M Global Enterprise Services business for Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is responsible for driving significant revenue growth and providing a strong base of users, references and partners essential for Global Enterprise Services to maintain and expand its position to a world leader in enterprise services solutions. The Global Key Account Director maintains high-quality and effective customer relationships within assigned strategic accounts, and acts as a customer liaison during the development and delivery of an outsourced service solution.
- Responsible for relationship and overall account management at customers with approximately $1 Million or greater potential.
- Responsible for all account development activities including account strategy execution and management, ongoing communication of value proposition and value-added programs and services, resource coordination, price management, initiation of RFP responses, where applicable, and achievement of forecasted profitable growth.
- Manages multiple segment-specific customers.
- Achieve the planned growth for revenue in the assigned accounts while maintaining or exceeding gross margin goals.
- Owns the account management and ensures that account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals. Conducts quarterly account reviews to reflect progress and market changes.
- Possesses sufficient technical, operations and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.Achieves revenue growth, profitability, expense control, process optimization, productivity, and customer satisfaction objectives
- Collaborates with customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and identifies, develops and closes enterprise services business opportunities.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Prospects across accounts to ensure that target opportunities are identified and developed across sites and geographies.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way ensuring Thermo Fisher is invited to all associated RFP’s within their territory as well as driving opportunities for individual proposals or pilot programs outside of an RFP process.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Ensures client satisfaction by collaborating with other Thermo Fisher business units to provide a single face to the customer and ensuring that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Ensures that management and the account team are kept informed of business requirements and significant developments within accounts and is involved at critical times.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
- Communicates with Marketing to provide customer input on features and feature prioritization requirements for services solutions and products.
- Builds strong collaborative working relationships with the business leaders and counter-parts in all Thermo Fisher commercial channels including Corporate Accounts, RSD (with respect to Managed Services activities) and the direct sales channels for related services business units (especially with respect to relocation opportunities).
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific to implement strategies, identify and address cross-selling and synergistic business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.