Provide financial control, analysis, recommendations and general business support for the NA Research and Safety Market Division. Ideal candidate will have the ability to drive business decisions through effective communication with Senior Management.
· Manage the US FP&A team and one FLDP
· Lead the Annual Operating Plan process for RSD North America. This includes: drive the calendar, create value added analytics supporting investments, complete timely and accurate schedules, and build a zero based budget.
· Deliver accurate monthly and quarterly Revenue and Ebita forecasts. Utilize metrics and analytics, interactions with other departments, and business acumen to support the forecasts. Continually drive the team for improved analytics to increase forecast accuracy.
· Collaborate with the leadership team in creating the Strategic plan.
· Oversee the monthly FPA close duties of the US and Canadian financial books. Utilize staff to highlight business issues and levers to improve profitability via enhanced reporting.
· Perform duties for the division including monthly reporting, expense approvals, Sales Compensation analysis
· Provides clear, concise and accurate presentations/analysis to Senior Management with minimal lead time
· Work in a cross functional environment including Finance, Sales, Unity Lab Services, Global Strategic Pricing, Global Profitability Initiative and Marketing management to create advanced financial analysis and reporting while effectively interpreting/communicating recommendations
· Support Safety/Production business unit as finance partner for VP/GM
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Candidate will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and technical accounting knowledge.
· The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, initiative, and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
· Strong business and industry knowledge as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
· The ability to identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement.
· Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
· Proven history of leading cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners
· The ability to recruit, develop, and manage professional teams and the ability to provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes.
· It is required that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
· The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
· Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Data Warehouse, Oracle, SQL, COGNOS, and HFM are preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
· Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
· 3-5 years managerial experience
· 5-10 years of progressive relevant work experience required
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.