Business Job Title: Facilities Director
Internal Job Title: Facilities Director
Reports To: General Manager
Group/Division: BioPharma Services Division
Career Band: 9
Job Track: Management
Position Location: Horsham
Number of Direct Reports: 4
Day/Shift (if applicable): Core
Relocation (if applicable): No
The position has overall responsibility for managing the main facility at Horsham and two sites in Crawley ensuring the reliability, availability and support of building services and facility services, including the overseeing of contracted services for catering, cleaning and security. You will lead the team in the areas of facility planning and construction, preventative maintenance, facility repair, environmental services, health & safety and oversee the contracted services of security, cleaning and catering. On a day to day basis this will be achieved through the management, coaching and development of the Facilities and the Health and Safety Team along with the introduction of appropriate technology and working practices. The activities will be carried out in accordance with current statutory, regulatory and company safety and quality standards. This role will also be responsible for the Co-Ordination of site related projects
Success in this aspect of the role will be demonstrated through Key Performance Indicator’s for availability and performance, safe and quality delivery of compliant solutions, development of a capable and competent team and growing profitability.
- Quality: To implement, maintain and measure within the function a framework for compliance and ongoing improvement in quality performance and right first time culture. This will be in accordance with statutory, regulatory and company standards, procedures and systems regarding relevant cGMP and Quality Systems in the workplace.
- Customer Allegiance: To ensure the availability and reliability of utilities and facility services in order that the site can achieve the plans to satisfy customer requirements. This will be achieved through the alignment and provision of resource in accordance with the business plan.
- Team: To manage, coach and develop an effective and motivated team to achieve team, department and business objectives. To co-operate in cross-functional teams to remove barriers and time lags. To plan and effectively utilise the area training budget to improve their team’s contribution to the overall business performance. To take responsibility for their own development to increase their contribution to business performance. To apply company HR policies consistently throughout the area of managerial responsibility.
- Improvement & Efficiency: To identify and implement technology based and working practice solutions designed to reduce the overall cost per unit measures. To lead, participate and contribute to Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects that deliver the business objectives in a cost effective manner.
- Fiscal: To prepare and manage the annual departmental budget. To implement and manage financial measures that monitors the performance and drive continuous improvement in a cost-effective manner.
- Undertake any duties on an ad-hoc basis as required by the Line Manager
Decision Making / Financial Authority
- Justification and recommendation of service contracts.
- Justification and prioritization of capital investment proposals.
- Justification and recommendation of changes in working practices.
- Justification and recommendation of overall headcount levels.
- Quality Assurance – calibration, maintenance and improvement of area performance.
- Production and Warehousing –maintenance and innovation
- Planning – agreement of access to equipment that may affect output.
- Engineering – interaction and handover of new equipment and processes.
- Human Resources – HSE, recruitment, training and changes to terms and conditions.
- Project Managers – Liaise with the team to ensure cohesive working on relevant projects.
- Degree or HND in Facilities Management, Engineering or similar technical discipline with extensive experience of running a large complex facility.
- NEBOSH certified or higher
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good standard of English (verbal & written)
- Management experience
- Good understanding of GMP environment or previous experience in a similar environment
- Controlled environment storage and distribution operations.
- Project management.
- Budget management.
- Establishment and management of service providers, including service level agreements.
- Line management