As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Field Service Engineer: UK South West
Req Number: 55193BR
In this position, you will provide post-sales customer support technical services as well as online support as required to ensure the products meet performance and operation standards and exceed our customer's expectation.
· Work independently as a part of a Service team to service liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry products dedicated for Clinical laboratories involving: Installations, Telephone and On-site Diagnostics, Preventative Maintenance visits, Un-scheduled service and Remote service.
· Accurately document field service activities, including installation report and service work report, expense report and timely submit through the required systems.
· Share experience and best practice of product services and applications with colleagues. Contribute to knowledge base to allow continued improvement of work efficiency and effectiveness.
· Effectively communicate with Hotline, Field Application Specialist, Support Specialist, Service manager, Sales Representatives and Sales Manager.
· Actively participate in continuous improvement projects to enhance work quality and effectiveness.
· BS degree or above in engineering (electrical or mechanical) or other BS degree with equivalent professional experience.
· Sound working knowledge of analytical instrumentation and preferably Field Service experience in installing, servicing, and strong understanding of LC/MS or other IVD instrumentation.
· Understanding and experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and software is a strong plus.
· Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a challenging environment.
· Ability to work independently, have effective communication skills
· Must be willing and able to travel extensively (est. 70% - 80%) including international travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
We are looking for an enthusiastic initiative taker with a positive attitude. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in an innovative and international working environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.