When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This Clinical Sales Account Manager - Remote: MA, NYC, CT, VT, NH, ME, and Eastern NY State will be responsible for the promotion of, and achieving sales goals associated with the MAS Quality Controls, LabLink xL, ISD/TDM assays and Indiko product lines within the territory covering MA, NYC, CT, VT, NH, ME, and Eastern NY State. This role requires focus on the delivery of customer support and satisfaction, and manages the assigned territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth. Significant overnight travel is required. Candidate should possess accountability, a sense of urgency, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Responsible for developing specific account and territory strategies while promoting the sale of company products and services within the assigned territory.
- Make sales calls, schedule visits to current and prospective clients/customers, effectively manage all stages of sales cycle.
- Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Work effectively with distribution channels that support the business in addition to direct sales.
- Serve as a channel of information to the business unit about customers, markets and competition. Receive guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the business unit and sales management.
- Act as company consultant for problems, and provide initial support to solving those problems related to company products.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit personnel for service and/or technical support, and client/customer purchasing agents.
- Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software.
- Attend sales meetings, maintain an outside sales office, and an up-to-date database of clients/customers for opportunity pipeline management, forecasting, and CRM purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Laboratory Medicine, Chemistry, Biology or related field.
- Minimum 3 years successful sales and channel relationship experience, preferably in the Clinical Chemistry and/or Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory environment.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50 - 70% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate resources and work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to plan and execute sales activities with minimal direct supervision.
- Must provide detailed and timely reporting.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- SalesForce.com experience a plus.
- Detail-orientation, analytical approach, strong prioritization skills.
- Must have highest degree of professionalism and ethics.
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport within sales territory.
Relocation is not provided for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.