Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 60,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) is an organization made up of business units which develop, manufacture and market instruments and consumables that serve a broad, diverse mix of diagnostic segments. The major business units include Niche Diagnostics, Biomarkers, Clinical Diagnostics Systems, and Contract Manufacturing. The division manages a diverse portfolio of products servicing multiple end markets. CDD maintains recognized technology and manufacturing leadership in the markets in which it serves. CDD has approximately $750M in revenue and 2,000 employees across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Principle locations in the US are in California and Virginia; primary global business unit locations also include Germany and Finland.
The Director FP&A is a key contributor to the overall success of the Clinical Diagnostics Division. He/she will provide financial and analysis leadership to the Division.
- Leads budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning activity.
- Leads the effort of preparing month end financial statement analysis and support the delivery of timely MBR/QBR deliverables.
- Consolidates financial reporting from Business Units and Global Sales & Marketing organizations, including monthly actual reporting, plans, forecasts, and regular outlooks of expected business results.
- Lead implementation and ongoing management of centralized multi-dimensional reporting solutions.
- Oversee division wide contracts quote tools, automated data exchange process, and price/contract compliance analytics
- Lead and coach analysts to support the business objectives – not a direct manager of people.
- Drive automation as needed. Leads efforts to improve the efficiency of HFM uploads from our ERP.
- BS degree in Accounting and/or Finance plus 8+ years of progressively responsive experience.
- Highly skilled in use of information technology including SAP/QAD ERP and Hyperion Financial Management and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Knowledge of relational database
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP
- Public company and Corporate Finance Function experience
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Strong business acumen.
- Well-developed analytical skills, including solid background in turning data into information and using strong analysis to present a situation to management.
- Hands-on high-energy style.
- Effective and efficient verbal and written communication.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 60,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.