When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Master Scheduler/Planner, you will lead an integrated master schedule to encompass all projects contracts into one overall master plan. This integrated schedule will be resource loaded and will enable materials to support a production schedule, which aligns and achieves contract milestones and spare part production and test. You will leverage your experience and expertise to establish best planning and scheduling methodologies to meet or exceed all customer and company needs and goals.
The successful candidate for this position must have a working knowledge and experience developing Integrated Master Plans; complex Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and complicated production plans. This position will be required to interact with other internal teams to develop and prepare resource assignments; identify and document risk; and actively support site performance reviews.
- Analyzes production specification and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, aligning and monitoring overall production plan with project milestone activities.
- Work with management and operational teams to develop detailed schedules and assist in keeping these schedules current.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining detailed resource-loaded schedules.
- Develop, modify, and update project schedules and/or the integration of multiple project schedules into an overall Master Schedule.
- Link production plans and schedules with the overarching project, functional area and/or other Integrated Master Plans (IMPs).
- Responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory.
- Provide production, planning, purchasing and management the information to plan operations to optimize the business and meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for providing a precise clear production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast.
- 3 years as lead scheduler for complex projects
- Understands project management (PM) and PM tools & techniques
- General knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Access
- 5-7 years MS Project experience in increasingly complex environments
- Ability to interface with the project managers on program management issues relevant to multiple concurrent project
- Developed and maintained an IMS with associated sub-schedules and timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 5-7 years of related experience
- Self-motivated, adaptable and ability to be flexible while maintaining a positive attitude
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.