When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact as you join others in advancing life science.
The Executive Administrative Assistant position will provide support to Executives within the Biosciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The successful candidate will provide a variety of standard administrative support functions and will be involved in and help coordinate special corporate projects and executive initiatives. They will be self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional relationships. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as the primary interface for the designated executives and also BID leadership as necessary. Interface professionally with other key leaders, customers, and employees.
- Proactively manage communication (emails, phone calls, necessary follow-up); screen telephone or email inquiries, communicate messages, redirect calls and respond to urgent inquiries from the corporate office, global sites, and internal/external stakeholders over multiple time zones.
- Maintain and manage multiple executive calendars, including recurring meetings, prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
- Enable complex global travel activities; prepare and coordinate complex and multi-stop travel, including accommodations, local transportation, passport/visa requirements. Proactively and on time compile, submit, and track expenses for the executives. Proactively anticipate potential travel issues, and respond accordingly.
- Provide exceptional attention to detail in all efforts and outputs. Anticipate potential changes or shifts in priorities amidst simultaneous demands for attention.
- Schedule and coordinate complex meetings. This includes but is not limited to, attendee communications, venue management/site coordination, audio/video set-up and management as needed, catering and program material preparation. Events could include leadership off-site meetings, customer visits, town halls, team meetings, etc.
- Provide overall data management. Solicit needed data from multiple sources, organize and compile in formats to facilitate analysis and presentation. Establish, update and maintain files, inventories, records, etc., as necessary, including paper, electronic and other platforms as needed.
- Serve as an information source and respected advisor on departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Track and drive completion of key deliverables, proactively following up on outstanding items as needed. Track and facilitate contract renewals of executive memberships, external commitments, and approvals needed in a timely manner.
- Generate, compose and edit confidential, routine and non-routine documents. Proof-read documents and materials and correct as necessary and/or compose routine correspondence using predetermined formats.
- Provide innovative, creative and time-tested methods and procedures for fostering continuing improvement to practices or processes.
- Work effectively as a team member of the BID Administrative team to ensure continuity for breaks, vacations, or high-volume times. While the role is responsible for primary support of designated executives, it is expected that as needed, the successful candidate readily contributes to the overall success of the BID executive team and colleagues.
- Uphold the strictest confidentiality on information gleamed as part of responsibilities. Handle highly confidential information and documents with discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaborate and drive results in a complex global organization during times of change, evolution, and transformation. Demonstrate an adaptive and flexible work style shown to be effective working across varied types of clients, senior level leaders and front line team members that are geographically dispersed.
- Complete projects, special assignments, other tasks and duties as assigned.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- A minimum of eight (8) years of administrative experience, preferably in a fast paced environment. C-level executive administration experience desirable.
- Proven to be trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment.
- Demonstrated experience in working to independently identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative and successful solutions.
- Previous success at building strong organizational relationships and in fostering teamwork.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, authentic, approachable, and diplomatic in nature. Proven ability to interact successfully with varying levels in and outside the organization in a demeanor that is representative of the leadership team.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and willingness and ability to learn company-specific software or system tools. Fluency and comfort in making presentations, and in executing within Excel, i.e., can manipulate pivot tables, create formulas, etc.
- Comfort and ability to thrive in environments that may present multiple and simultaneous demands for attention; ability to prioritize effectively in these situations.
- Ability to work to deadlines or address priorities even if after work hours (as needed).
- High school diploma
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.