Job Title: EHS Specialist – 12 Month Contract
Position Location: Cramlington UK
Work together with the site management team to ensure the health, safety & welfare of employees at the Cramlington site. Help drive cost savings by improving productivity and using resources as efficiently as possible, including reducing waste, and optimizing our use of raw materials and energy. Assist Thermofisher enhance our reputation with customers by working with colleagues to help sustainability-minded customers meet their productivity and sustainability goals.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Ensure processes and activities on site are compliant with legislation and the Thermofisher LSG achievement program requirements.
- Manage site EHS permits, lead interface with UK regulatory agencies and government depts, and coordinate any inspections and necessary follow up actions.
- Maintain current EHS management system.
- Lead EHS productivity/sustainability initiatives at the site and engage employees to identify projects that result in less waste, energy or water and encourages reuse of resources.
- deliver and track effective training programs for employee groups.
- Carry out and coordinate periodic inspections to ensure that EHS standards are routinely met.
- Oversee and conduct incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Track EHS metrics and report to site and LSG global EHS
- Key member of site emergency response and incident management team .
- Manage EHS spend within annual budget.
- Work collaboratively with EMEA and global EHS networks in sharing best practice, incidents, and working towards regional & global EHS goals.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required to support the site leadership team or global EHS team.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Requires professional EHS training to NEBOSH national general certificate or equivalent as a minimum.
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to interact with and engage others at all levels in the organization.
- Relevant experience, a good working knowledge of EHS regulations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision and execute on goals and objectives
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering subject,
- Some experience with hazardous chemicals would be useful
- An interest in the environment and sustainability.