Fisher BioServices, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the industry leader in the management of critical biological materials to support the advancement of cell therapy, GMP biologics, and population-based public health research. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. We offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. http://www.fisherbioservices.com/
This position plays a key role in providing both strategic and tactical human resources support for the Fisher BioServices business unit based in Rockville, MD. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions including: employee relations, training and development, compensation, performance management, HR compliance, recruiting and selection, on-boarding, recordkeeping, and HRIS system administration.
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Manages all aspects of employee relations including investigations, counseling to management and employees, conflict mediation and resolution.
- Coaches managerial staff on interpretation and application of relevant HR law, policies, procedures and programs.
- Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives including but not limited to salary review, workforce planning, organizational change, on-boarding, job analysis, new hire and exit processes, selection, performance, diversity and leadership initiatives.
- Administers all benefits program in conjunction with Corporate to ensure changes and benefit enrollment processes are clearly communicated.
- Manages the relationship with temporary contract agencies and manages temporary requisition process
- Works closely with management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources and employee development.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Recommends new approaches, corrective actions, and updates to policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Assists with the administration and implementation of the same.
- Assists with the development of new programs and initiatives.
- Interacts with other departments to revise and improve internal processes and procedures.
- HRIS input and reporting monthly, quarterly and ad hoc metrics and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or business related field required.
- 2+ years of related experience in a HR generalist role.
- Must have previous experience coaching, influencing, facilitation, process development, analysis and problem solving.
- Must possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Must have ability to travel to local sites daily/weekly.
- May be asked to travel domestically as needed